How durable is your laminate flooring?
Why AC Ratings?
How are AC ratings determined?
Here are the Five Levels of AC Ratings:
- AC1 - laminate flooring is designed for residential areas with light traffic. Great for bedrooms.
- AC2 - laminate flooring can withstand more traffic than AC1. Suitable for living rooms and dining rooms.
- AC3 - laminate flooring can withstand any type of heavy residential traffic and may also be used in a professional setting with light traffic.
- AC4 - laminate flooring is designed for commercial applications with moderately intense traffic. Ideal for small shops and offices.
- AC5 - laminate flooring is designed for high-traffic commercial areas like department stores, shopping centers, and office buildings. It has a rough finish that can withstand the most abuse.
Laminate flooring is both practical and beautiful. Color, texture and overall appearance are the main attributes most people look for when choosing a new laminate flooring for their home. But, knowing the AC Rating of your selection will give you the added confidence that you are making the right choice for your purpose and for your pocketbook.
If you have additional questions about AC Ratings or selecting the right laminate for your project, simply stop into our showroom or give us a call at (419) 355-8480. Our expert customer service team is on hand to make your decision easy.